Ok, if you made it to this blog.. GREAT!!! I am not making this blog private because the information I have here I hope will help other moms too. I decided not to blog about my family anymore because.. well that's just boring! And most of you that wanted me to blog liked some of the idea's I had, ( which I stole from other people) so I can't take all the credit. I thought it would be great to have all the info you are looking for to be able to do food storage, home canning, gardening, saving money when shopping. You know, everything we are asked to do and WORRY about because we want to do.. but don't know where to start or how to do.. it! Four and a half years ago I got an idea! And as I say this, I can picture my hubby rolling his eyes.. you know "the look" they give you when you want something! Little do they know how much funnier it is when they want something. Ok, back to my story! I wanted a food storage room. I had ZERO items to put in it. We took our tax returns, framed and sheet-rocked a room in our basement. Then we took the last of our return to buy some shelves. And from there, I went upstairs and took everything I knew would go in a food storage. At the time I had about one grocery bag full of canned goods and hamburger helper for the week. And that is where it all started.
Since then, we have learned to take 25-50 dollars of each paycheck and buy only food storage items with that money. I started with canned goods and stuff we always ate. And it just continued to evolve from there. I went to our wards "dry pack" canning night and fell in love ( got a passion) for learning how to become more prepared.
So many times I have watched us pinch each penny to put things into our food storage, but have been overwhelmingly great full when the time came that I needed to buy for birthdays, holidays, wanted to go on a little vacation and I could use our grocery money for the trip because we had enough in storage to last till the next pay check.
Yes, we live paycheck to pay check like 99 % of the rest of Americans.
And that is how it all started for me. Little by little we just changed our habits. Instead of going on lavish vacations, spending money for entertainment, we paid off bills and put food storage away. By no means are we t a full year, or have a 6 months savings, but little by little, line upon line, we have seen the blessings that come from doing this.
There comes a peace, a comfort, and an empowering feeling knowing that if something were to happen, we have something, be it small now, that we can lean back on. So that's my reason for changing to this blog. I've had it for a while, but haven't done much with it. So time for a change, and I hope you will keep up with me and try some of the things I"ll be posting on here.
My goal is to post about sales, post about things I do each day, week, month that will inspire you to save, store, and prepare better for your own families. A lot of you have given me the info that I'll be sharing, and a lot of you will be helping me without knowing it!
Little by little, line upon line.